Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trip to the dentist

I am a terrible mom and didn't take Maggie to the dentist for the first time until this summer.  Oh well.  The dentist was quite pleased with her teeth and she didn't have any cavities.  I took her to a pediatric dentist and DANG.  I was jealous of all the cool stuff there.  My dentist is nice but there is no space themed play area in her waiting room. I am a terrible mom and didn't take Maggie to the dentist for the first time until this summer.  Oh well.  The dentist was quite pleased with her teeth and she didn't have any cavities.  I took her to a pediatric dentist and DANG.  I was jealous of all the cool stuff there.  My dentist is nice but there is no space themed play area in her waiting room. 

 Maggie had X-rays done first and as you can see here, she was not too sure about that whole procedure.  I think she thought the x ray machine was going to start pulling her teeth out or something like that.  But then it didn't hurt, so she was okay.  It was so cool to see her big old permanent teeth just sitting up there waiting to come in!

 Then she got to lay on a table, wear headphones and watch a movie on the ceiling while they cleaned her teeth!  How cool is that?  At the end of the visit, she got a teeny plastic elephant out of a gumball machine and a Cinderella battery operated toothbrush.  AND, the biggest news of all, her 2 bottom teeth are loose.  That has the been the topic of MANY a conversation this summer.  "You know, Mommy, I have a hard time eating this apple slice because my teeth are loose."  Yay for good reports at the dentist!

1 comment:

  1. So, did I mention Lil didn't go to the dentist for the first time until March? Yeah, sign me up on the bad mom bandwagon. ;o)

    Oh, and Lily is insanely jealous of Maggie's loose teeth. :o)

    ReplyDelete