Monday, September 5, 2011

Maggie's first day of kindergarten

Maggie was such a big girl on her first day.


Can't you see how excited she was?  

I will admit, I was stressing a little bit about being late to work on my third day of school, but we waited patiently in the media center with all the other new kindergarteners and their nervous parents.  Then one of the kindergarten teachers told all the kids to line up on the yellow line and they would go one way and the parents would go the other way (out the door).  Maggie marched right over to the line and waited for her next instructions.  I was so proud of her.  I wish I had taken a picture of all the parents snapping pictures with their cell phones as the kids headed off to their exciting new adventure.

Maggie rode the bus home that first day with our neighbor Jake and apparently that was the highlight of their day.  And Maggie told me she "wants to learn the monkey bars" at school this year.  Sounds like a good goal to me.
And here she is on the REAL first, non-assessment day.  Maggie and Jake rode the bus to school this day and they were SO excited.  I think Jake may have awakened the neighborhood with his "THERE'S THE BUS!!!!!" announcement when he saw it coming up the street.  Maggie got on the bus without a backward glance and off she went.

I love my little girl so much.  She makes me so proud.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! We have that same lunchbox embroidered with the same color. :oP

    Congratulations to Maggie on her first day! I hope the enthusiasm stays with her through the end of the year. :o) (which is my hope with Lil...;oP)

    ReplyDelete