Monday, April 9, 2012

Catching up part 2

Let's see what's next in my arsenal of photos in iPhoto!

So, this lovely self-portrait was after I ran  was coerced into struggled my way through a 7 mile race at some park in Burlington.  I seriously thought I might DIE during the course, especially when the 14 mile runners started lapping me towards the end.  That's a real self-esteem booster, let me tell you.  I had between 3 and 5 people behind me throughout 98% of the race, so I was mostly running alone.  I had to talk myself through a lot of rough patches, slipped and fell about a hundred thousand times and stepped in a giant mud puddle that almost pulled my entire shoe off.  Also, David had to wait around for about an hour while he waited for me to finish.  Heh.  But when I got done and I limped through a shower and ate about 10 pounds of french toast pancakes at Cracker Barrel, I was SO proud of myself.  I surely did not enjoy it very much, but I was proud of what I had been able to do!  Then I went home and sat in an ice bath while I read "The Long Winter" and was thankful we don't live on the prairie.  I'll spare you those photos, though.

The next event in my photo journal appears to be putting up the Christmas tree.  I also had the camera on the wrong setting so the background is in crystal clear focus while my subjects are all rather blurry.  Oh well.  We shall call it artsy.
 I love homemade ornaments!

 Maggie appears to be slightly displeased with this ornament but she was really envisioning what it would look like as an earring.

 Dang, I love our kitty!  She is so sweet and weird!

We really missed PapPap when Maggie was trying to put the angel on the top of the tree.

 Then we had some friendly rivalry with our across the street neighbors as we duked it out over who could decorate their yard with more lights.  I think we won.  This isn't even all of it, but I cannot find the finished product on my computer.

I also participated in a tacky Christmas sweater contest at school.  
I did not win but I think my teammate sure did.
Also, could I look more like an old hag next to her with her youthful 25 year old skin?

I think that's enough for this post because the next few are going to be all DISNEY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment